No Knitting, But A Fuzzy!

Monday, September 28, 2009

I had really hoped to knit this weekend, but that didn't work out. I'm not quite sure why I didn't, maybe it was that I had never seen Troy and Frank wanted to watch it Saturday. It could have been that I rested all day Saturday to just catch up on what my body has been missing, sleep. Whatever the case, I didn't knit. Unfortunately, that means I'm that much more behind on my goals. I'm going to be looking over my goals and deciding which will actually be accomplished this year and then make a schedule to hold me to it. It sounds like work when things are supposed to be for pleasure and fun, but honestly being the way that I am, it just makes it that much more fun.

I recently (over a month ago, oops) discovered the nifty "stash" and "needle" features on Ravelry. If you don't know about them already, they let you keep track of your yarn stash and needles that you already have! You can keep it simple with just the brand names, types, & color of yarn along with the quanity, or you can add a picture, keep track of when and where it was purchased, even where you have it stored! I went through my entire stash and was surprised at how efficient the feature makes everything. Additionally, when you que or cast on a project, you can link the yarn your using. So helpful, no? I just love it!

Since there was no knitting this weekend, my Sunday had to be filled with something other than sleeping. Frank & I joined my mom up in the foothills/mountains at a friends house and had dinner. We also watched a monvie after a walk around the property. Oh how I love it up there! I wish I had taken more pictures, but alas I didn't. Hopefully when things aren't so dry I will take more and capture the true beauty that is up there. Here in the city there is always noise. In the middle of the day up in Squaw Valley? Nothing but the sounds of a gentle breeze in the trees. Magic! Frank & I will definitely be going again and hopefully get some property somewhere up there or in a similar atmosphere in the future.

Now is the time to share the pictures that I did get! We found a tarancula! I took soo many pictures of it while everyone else stood back and cringed. I just love bugs and spiders and animals! Lol.






And I leave you with a picture from our drive home, while the sun was setting.