I think I might burst

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

You know those times when so much has gone in the opposite direction of where it was headed and the things you wanted most to be positive aren't? And do you know when it piles up on you to the point where you are going to burst in a million directions or collapse and hold up the white flag? I just might be there.

After surviving 3 roommates being sick and becoming well, I have fallen ill. I am on day 5 of I-have-no-idea-what-I-have-since-the-doctor-didn't-tell-me-but-gave-me-antibiotics-for. It's not fun. 3 days of temperatures over 100 (with maybe 1 more day to add since I have the hot/cold chills plus a fun headache), a cough that won't quit and this cold breathe feeling EVERY TIME I INHALE. But enough feeling bad for myself cold wise, except to say that I can't knit for fear that my germs will infect my fibers and spread.

I really wish I was in Disneyland. Disneyland during Christmas. With all the lights and ornaments, songs of cheer and the castle glistening. I'm not kidding when I say that my heart longs for it. It brings me instant happiness and a sense that things will turn out alright.

I love to be positive. I enjoy smiling. Having the feeling that you're so blessed & so happy is truly amazing. Times like this when uncertainty is lurking and negativity is written on my mind I can help but want to escape. I can be one of those people who thrives on the negative. For every positive thing they find a negative to obsess over. It's just not me. For me, the only way I can make the ones I love smile is by keeping a smile on my face. It's so hard when you fear what will happen next.

So now that I've been all over the place with my blog post, I say goodbye. I leave you with a photo of my happiness.




Image courtesy of godscomic