I haven't blogged because.....

Monday, February 22, 2010

I fail at blogging. It's the truth! I wish I was better at it. Posting pictures, chatting to no one in particular about my day, what I'm cooking or knitting, what I'm reading, my mood even, it would be so lovely! Unfortunately my camera has been sleeping or rather hibernating, on the shelf in our closet. I look up at him and wish I had the inspiration to shoot away and give him the joy he's been longing for, but it just doesn't happen. Between work and being sick, my knitting mishaps and confusion about when our lease is up, it's just been too much to bother blogging about. (Though I'm sure it would have helped to get it all out there!) Life has just gotten in the way. I haven't even made any goals for 2010, and this is supposed to be a big year! So here goes my attempt to revive this little blog...AGAIN!

Frank and I now have braces. We went in for a consultation, our first one ever, on January 19th. We ended up loving the people and how they worked with us and walked out with shiny smiles that day. Via twitter I kept track of my first days and have updated on the goings on if something worth saying happens. It's not as bad as I thought it would be. I only swallowed 1 or the 2 "bumpers" that had been put in and came off my teeth. I call that success. I have learned that flossing is not fun but definitely necessary since anything that can get stuck between your teeth will, especially rice which I happen to eat at a minimum of twice a week. Broccoli isn't as bad when it comes to getting stuck, but I have to steam it into mush before consumption which is unfortunate. Normally when you bite your cheek and get that little sore it's awful and makes you want to swear off salt and tomato sauce. When you have braces, there's always something rubbing or poking your cheeks, so you just get used to it and move on. One more pain that has been overcome.

I have been reading "The Shack". It's great. I want to read it all the time but when I pick it up, I can't put it down...Next thing I know it's 1:30am. I am a little more than half way through so I suppose I need to just finish it. Definitely making me think and opening my heart again to my spiritual side. I'm still not set on anything religious but it's good to explore.

The last thing I have to share is that I have been trying desperately to finish my "6 Hour Afghan" and have had to re-start three times. I have already invested about 2 1/2 hours. Let me just give you the details....size 50 needles (if you haven't seen or heard of them, picture knitting with broomsticks that have a pointed tip), 4 balls of yarn going at once, knit one side, purl the other. You'd think the simple knitting & purling would be simple enough but apparently with the broom sticks and 4 balls of yarn going I managed to mess it all up. The only thing I can say is it has been knitting up to be beautiful. The colors are perfect together, not too stark of a contrast and will look beautiful in our room. (I promise pictures when I begin this again.)

So that's basically what has been happening. A few new things, here and there but I'll leave them for another time. If you've used size 50's and had problems or success, I'd love to hear about it.